Friday, October 26, 2001

I didn't get a chance to write yesterday. It was the first time this year I had seen the snows fall. Little dots of white fell from the sky and some even stuck around. Places like the top of our porch table turned white with a light dusting of snow. I was happy to be back in Minnesota. On our honeymoon we were in Columbia where it is literally 80 degrees 365 days a year. I couldn't do it. I'd miss the seasons too much.

On a personal note, I am faced with a choice. I have been offered a job. It pays terrible and does not include any benefits. The hours are not guaranteed and it involves a long drive. It is a ticket to a new place, a place more in line with my career goals and a place I should be happier. I think we can manage financially. It may mean putting off recarpeting the basement. It may mean not going out as much. It tears me up that I will be causing sacrifices to be made. I feel selfish. What is the cost of happiness?